Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Be Right Back.. a.k.a "brb"

When i started chatting, i think i was in my sophomore year in college that time, i was so new to chatting jargons like "weebee, asl, ctc.. and brb". But i think "brb" is the most used chat jargon in the TKA Villa since i started chatting there. Well, maybe because some chatters are chatting while waiting for the TKA clips to finish buffering, then excuse themselves by using "brb" and make their exit in the chatbox. Or, maybe just busy with something else for a moment.

I use "brb" very often coz i chat during work hours.. yes WORK HOURS! hahaha! Multitasking as what some regulars told me. But sometimes i get confused with "brb". Like, how long should u be gone if u typed "brb"? And, how long should u wait if someone typed "brb"?

According to www.urbandictionary.com, "brb" means that someone is going to return at some random point that you're unable to predict. Hmm.. so it means it could be as long as an hour, or even a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade, a century.. hahaha sorry for the exaggeration!

How about the definition that i've come up.. "brb" is a form of escape for the following scenarios: 1. You can't relate to the topic being discussed in chatroom; 2. You don't want to answer a certain question asked, or; 3. You are simply avoiding the person.

I've come up with those situations coz i have tried using "brb" at those times and it actually worked. And, maybe i have experienced or at least felt that some are using "brb" for those events.

So you said "brb"... hmm.. i told myself "i think i shouldn't wait anymore"...

11 comments:

mei said...

nyahahaha...

ehem-ehem...

Unknown said...

who's this?

tArA said...

I have a comment but wait..brb..

♥ Annishi ♥ said...

longer comments??? aish!

Aquafina said...

Actually, I've never used "brb" before, ever. O_O I've used "be back soon" a couple of times and I do come back in under 10 minutes. ^_^' If I really have to go elsewhere, then I'd say "I have to go now." or something because I don't like to keep people waiting for an "undefinite amount of time". xD

♥ Annishi ♥ said...

yeah aqua! that's the problem with BRB... undefinite amount of waiting time.. haha miss you so much girl!! *hugs*

gloria said...

i will be back when you are not around :)

Granelle said...

i'll be here.... :)

Unknown said...

I always tell you this before mom… I will never leave you alone in the villa and YM our so called “VIRTUAL HOME” and my promise is not yet broken until now, hehe… I wish I can continue my promise to you… *wink*

Granelle said...

i can't be OL every now and then, but i'm textable...

>.<

♥ Annishi ♥ said...

lol mandy! i love that line! ahahaha

Post a Comment