Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 13, 2010

New Chapter...

It's been 5 days already since we moved out of my parents house again. We packed and moved ur stuffs last Sunday and planned to stay in the new apartment already, but ended up sleeping at my parents house because Gab doesn't want to stay in the apartment yet (maybe because everything's a mess).

Monday was sooooo tiresome because me and my husband alone had to arrange all the stuffs we brought to the new apartment. Since it's a 2-floor crib, running up and down the stairs many times to move things was quite a challenge, especially since i grew up in a house that doesn't have any stairs at all! Thank God that before it got dark we have finished arranging all of our stuffs.

When my mom's maids came to the apartment with Gab, I have already anticipated that he would scream and would not want to come inside the house. So, I really prepared the TV and DVD player with Barney's dvd to attract Gab's attention and showed him that all his toys are inside so that he would feel at home. It worked!!! ^____^

I felt relieved to see that Gab easily got used to the new apartment. Before, i was worried that his sleep will be less because he will feel uneasy with the new environment and throw tantrums during his homebased ABA classes. I was amazed at how fast he adapts now to changes unlike before. Even his ABA teacher said that she was not expecting Gab to be behave and compliant in the next few weeks because he might have difficulty adjusting to the house. But we have both underestimated at how much progress Gab has now.

Living on our own again is not scary for me already since we have done that already last year. But the one thing that makes me scared now is that in a few days my husband will be leaving us to work in Singapore.

So, it will literally be like "living on my own (me and Gab)". This is now something that I have to get used to. How i wish i have Gab's ability to easily adapt to changes.... ='(

1 comments:

tArA said...

Ofcourse you have that ability. Gab got it from you.;) Housewarming!

Post a Comment