Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 17, 2008

On ENONYMITY...

Last Monday, I bought a T3 magazine (a monthly gadget magazine). I always look forward to Butch Dalisay's article. This month he wrote about something very special -- ENONYMITY.


According to him, it's the hybrid of the words
ENMITY and ANONYMITY. I got in
trigued of course! Why did he come up with that word? Answer -- taking advantage of freedom of expression over the net. He said that "On the internet, everyone is anonymous. It's no wonder then that it's filled with enmity -- hate blogs, rants, flamers, and more angry ten-page emails than your spam filter can handle".

Now I wonder, do I also fill my blog with all the hate in my world?? Well, maybe not really, but i do admit that sometimes I do blogging to vent out my angst. But hey! Isn't blog referred to as your online diary or journal? So, actually you can really write about anything.. even curse someone! LOL!

Thursday, I visited
Yahoo OMG to check out the article about Jennifer-Angelina gossip. I browsed Angelina's pics, as always, she is like a goddess for me, but i noticed the increasing number of hate comments, not about her clothes, makeup, hair, hair, or shoes, but because of her relationship with Brad Pitt. By the way, who are these people who posted those comments? They are I-don't-know and I-don't-care! They are the faceless, judgmental idiots who love to criticize others online.

While I was reading the comments, I was chatting with Amanda in the TKA Villa that time. She told me that it's very hard to comment about the
Angelina-Brad-Jennifer intrigue because she doesn't know the whole story and she doesn't want to be judgmental.

Piece by piece, I try to come up with a good reason why some people online are acting like certified critics and like for-your-info-im-genius. I kinda wanna think that these people have split personas.. in real world -- timid geeks, in virtual world -- uber hyped players. Maybe because since you can be anonymous on the net, they can't put you to jail. The worst punishment you can get is getting banned on a website.

Anyway, you can always create a new account if you want... HAHAHA
*insert evil laugh here*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you pertaining to anon slash hunniebaby slash whatever? lol!!!

Post a Comment