Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Shopaholic Movie Date ^_~


Movie: Confessions of Shopaholic
Date: February 24, 2009
Time: 10:00pm (Last Full Show)
Theater: Robinson's Ermita Cinema 4


February 23.. I was already skeptical about the movie date with my Buddy coz suddenly my office computer crashed and i had to do overtime so that i can repair my computer.

February 24.. It's already 3:30am but still no luck, i'm sooo exhausted and sleepy that i decided to go home and rest. I came home around 5am already. I thought to myself, "if i can't fix my computer, i can't stay at Buddy's house coz i need to bring laptop the next day... so no going to the movies". But God blessed me with a clear mind so i was able to focus and think on how to fix it so around 6pm (well i had to cancel 2 classes) my computer is alive and kickin' again ^_^.

After seeing my computer worked again, i felt excited already about the movie date, it's been a long time since i last watched a movie in the theater and with Buddy. Time went by pretty fast and my mood is soooo good. I'm ready to watch!

Minutes after 7:30pm.. Buddy dropped by tomy office to get the movie passes (given by my guy) coz i told her to check if the passes are valid in that cinema.

9:30pm.. I hurriedly descended the stairs of our office building (no elevator after 7pm booooo!) and barged out of the building. I took a jeepney going to Pedro Gil coz i missed walking in the dimlit sidewalk of Pedro Gil, with all the different cheap stuffs offered by sidewalk-vendors. But I walked fast coz Buddy was waiting for me at the entrance of Robinson's Midtown.

9:50pm.. We were already seated and preparing our food (rice-in-box that Buddy bought SOOO DELICIOSO!) before the movie starts.

10:00pm.. The craze began.. LOL!

The movie reminded me of Legally Blonde because of some super chic gestures of Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher), the colorful and well expensive clothes she wore, the signature pink-girl walking past others wearing dark neutral colors, the way she arranged her planner-pencil-sharpener combo during the meeting, and the pink MacBook ^^.

It was overwhelming to see lots of clothes and shoes and bags during SALE day for luxury brands.. i thought my eyes sparkled LOL!

Seeing women fight over clothes and shoes during a sale, and swarming the sale stores are scary but i think very hilarious. It seemed unbelievable, but well yeah it's a fact. And the issue about credit card debts is a common story for most people. And imagine how scary debt/loan collectors could be.. hihihi!

The romance was taken lightly, reminding people that "kilig factor" in movies can come from funny encounters and slight hindrances from some 3rd wheels. Observing Buddy, i think it was EFFECTIVE!

Moral of the whole craziness... HONESTY, TRUST, FAMILY, FRIENDSHIP.. which came from non-material things. Love was not the focus but it was expressed in terms of honesty and trust, as was shown when Luke Brandon (Hugh Dancy) got upset with Becky after the live appearance in a talk show. Of course Rebecca's family was there to back her up after the scandal, they even thought of selling the dream van they had just bought, helped her decide about turning down Alette Magazine's job offer, and supporting her The Girl in the Green Scarf Sale and Auction event.

All throughout the movie, friendship was emphasized in a very good way. Suze is like Becky's conscience and their ways of dealing with Becky's credit card bills and debt collector calls and sooo hilarious. She's the typical friends-will-always-be-friends-till-the-end :)

I just wonder... what's with the GREEN SCARF anyway??? ^_^

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jie!hhaha buti k p!u already watch it n!
lys-

Post a Comment